Please note these events are tentative and subject to cancellation due to weather.
- Jan. 4-10, 2016: American Beekeeping Federation-Apiary Inspectors of America joint conference, Sawgrass, Florida.
- Jan. 22-23, 2016: Eastern KY Winter Bee School, Hazard KY. Pre-registration will be $20 for adults and $10 for High School or Grade School students. Registration at the door will be $25 and $15. Keynote speaker: Dr. Ricardo Bessin (University of Kentucky Entomology and Kentucky Integrated Pest Management Coordinator). Please send checks to the following address: Perry County Cooperative ExtensionOffice, 933 Perry Park Rd. Hazard, KY 41701-5322 Phone: (606) 436-2044 Questions can be addressed to Charles May, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feb. 8, 2016: Bell County Beekeepers Association. Pineville, KY
- Feb. 20, 2016: McCreary Central High School, Stearns KY . Registration: $15 pre registration, $20 at the door, and this includes refreshments and lunch. For more information or send pre-registration checks, send to attention of Greg Whitis, McCreary County Extension Agent for Agriculture and Natural Resources. PO Box 278, Whitley City, KY 42653. 606-376-2524. email@example.com
- Feb. 27, 2016: Northeastern KY Bee School, hosted by the Licking River Beekeeping Association. Registration opens at 7:00 a.m.-8:30 a.m. School begins at 8:30 a.m. and concludes at 3:30 p.m. Guest speaker: Dr. John Strang, University of Kentucky Horticulture Professor. Pre-registration is $20.00 for adults, $25 at the door. Children are $7.50 regardless. Price includes lunch and refreshments. For more information, please contact Bobby Fore, ATTN: Beekeeping School, 1338 Stevens Road, Owingsville, KY 40360. Please make checks payable to LRBA.
- Mar. 4-5, 2016: Organic Association of Kentucky, Paroquet Springs Convention Center, Shepherdsville, KY.
- Mar. 12, 2016: Bluegrass Beekeepers School. KY State University. Frankfort, KY 40601.
- Mar. 15, 2016: Vegetation Management Conference, Lexington, KY
- Mar. 22, 2016: Lake Cumberland Beekeepers Association, Somerset, KY
- Mar. 29-Apr. 1: Green Forests Work events, Daniel Boone National Forest.
- Apr. 2, 2016: Eastern KY Seed Swap, Pikeville, KY
- Apr. 4, 2016: Pike County Beekeepers Association
- Apr. 11, 2016: Grant County Beekeepers Association
- Apr. 14, 2016: Big South Fork Beekeepers Association
- Apr. 19, 2016: Woodford County Beekeepers Association
- Apr. 21, 2016: Pine Mountain Beekeepers Workshop
- Jul. 1, 2016: Deadline to enter honey, beeswax, honey culinary items in the Kentucky State Fair.
- Jul. 14-16, 2016: Heartland Apiculture Society. Bowling Green, KY.
- Jul. 16, 2016: Kentucky State Beekeepers Association Summer Meet, Bowling Green (joint event with Heartland Apiculture Society)
- Jul. 25-29, 2016: Eastern Apicultural Society conference, Galloway, New Jersey.
Please call (502) 229-2950 for more information about events.